Sunday, September 26, 2010

Take a ride in the Time Machine: Design Team Card

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR THE
"HANDMADE WITH A HOP" BLOG HOP!!!

Hello Friends,
The year is 1917. And a lot of things were happening. The author, Carson McCullers and jazz great, Dizzie Gillespie were born. Some things were not so good. Of course WWI was still raging. And that was the year the United States began Conscription (or the draft). And to publicize the conscription, the artist James Flagg, designed the famous "I Want You" Uncle Sam poster.

So, that is the topic I used for my Time Machine Challenge Design Team card. The challenge is happening over at the Stamping Vacation Challenge blog where there is a different challenge everyday. And, each entry will qualify you for the monthly drawing. This month the prize is a $25 gift certificate to Flourishes!!!

Uncle Sam wants You!





I think this would make a great July 4th card. I used a digital image of the poster, Real Red and Night of Navy CS (Stampin' Up). And I had some gingham DP from DCWV in my stash. I received the brads as a gift with purchase from Addicted to Rubber Stamps - so they came in handy. And I added some shinny ribbon. Okay, now what can your Time Machine come up with...join in the challenge and share your projects. Look forward to seeing your projects!


Love ya,


Karen

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to start off the challenge Karen! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Karen I am liking this lots, what a great image fabulously designed card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.