Tuesday, September 28, 2010

State Your State Challenge DesignTeam Card

Hello again,
I have another fall color card for you today. This is a design team card for the State Your State challenge at the Stamping Vacation Challenge Blog.

The state for this State Your State Challenge for this month is....ARKANSAS and here are a few facts to help you along..

Arkansas is from the Quapaw (Sioux) word "acansa," which means "downstream place" or "south wind." which is the State Nickname
The Natural State-State Bird - Mockingbird
State Mammal - white tailed deer
State Flower - Apple Blossom
State Gem - Diamond
State Dance- square dance
State instrument - fiddle

You have until October 28th to complete this challenge. All challenge entries qualify for the monthly gift certificate drawing.

I was inspired by the State Mammal - the white tailed deer. Here is my card.

I stamped the image onto fall themed DP and then watercolored it with inks and a wet brush. Used a Spellbinders die to cut the shape. And, then added some ribbon.
Materials List:
Stamps: Deer from Blue Ridge Impression, Sentiment from Sweet and Sassy.
CS: Close to Cocoa
DP: Me & My big Ideas
Ribbon: Offray
Inks: Tuxedo Black, Rubarb Stalk, Bamboo Leaves from Memento: Chocolate Chip from SU
I added a really nice sentiment from Sweet and Sassy on the inside.


And here is a detail of the Deer.

Challenges for the Fall Deer card:

My Time To Craft: Looks like Autumn

Tuesday Taggers: Her Comes Autumn

Incy Wincy Designs: Anything goes

Another of my fall cards done. I have about 10 more to do. Lots of rain here today. We sure need rain after that hot dry summer. Have a great day!

Karen

5 comments:

  1. Oh Karen I love your little deer, so sweet and cute! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the card Great card!!Karen. I have not ever used nestables and do not have any but sure will try to get some in the future as they are so nice. Maybe my next trip to the States, but that will not happen for quite sometime a year or 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, the deer is so cute! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.