Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pretty Fairy with Basic Grey

Hi Everyone,
I had a nice birthday yesterday. Lots of phones calls from friends and family with happy wishes. So sweet of them. And, today I have a pretty card with a Stamping Bella stamp. Love their stamps. Her name is Anise Ketto and she is paper pieced. I pieced her dress, wings, the centers of the flowers, and leaves of flower on right. I stamped her on a solid DP and layered with another. I sprayed this with Shimmer Mist for a bit of glitter. I cut strips of a printed DP and glued them down on the dark purple paper. I distressed the center image and the strips with distress ink.

Materials List:

Stamps: Anise Ketto - Stamping Bella; flower - Print Works Collection

Ink: Stazon; Fired Brick - Ranger

DP: Basic Grey Kioshi and Wisteria Collections

CS: Pale Plum - Stampin' Up

Shimmer Mist

Metal Dots

Detail shot. Can you see the shimmer mist? And you can see how I used different paper for each part of the image.

Anise Ketto's Challenges:

Basic Grey Challenges: Paper Piecing and Basic Grey paper

Flutterby Wednesdays: Pink and a butterfly, angel or fairy

Crafts and Me Challenge: Sparkle and gems

Crafty Our Days Away: Girly and glitter

Stamping Vacation: Get the music in me challenge - Black Magic Woman

Well, that's about it for me today. I have to get the stuff together to make 40 Thanksgiving cards for Card Ministry on Monday. I have to cut everything then the gals with stamp and assemble. I have already designed the card so I just have to do the prep. Oh, and I have to come up with a few anniversary cards too. Have a great day friends!

Karen

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the colourway - such a cute image and great colouring and paper piecing of the cute Anise Ketto.
    Thanks so much for both joining us and entereing the DT call at Basic Grey.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, I love the layout and the image is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away, good luck with the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen!
    Your card is too cute ! Beautiful paperpiecing and the image is really cute ;) Thanks for playing along with us at Danni's FBW!
    Hugs, Randi WS (FBW-GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card and I love the image you have used and the BG papers.

    Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges and for entering our DT call.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, great papers and such an adorable image!!!

    You did great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very sweet card and wonderful paper piecing too! Love your choice of papers and design and belated happy birthday to you :)! Thanks for joining us at BG challenges and entering our DT call. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.